Thursday, December 3, 2009

a text message

at 9pm tonight I received the following text message:
comingtotexasfortworthfridaythefourthninepmonthegreyhound


It took a minute for me to figure out the message since it came thru all as one word. The area code was 760, which is my parents, but it was not a phone number I had listed in my cell phone. I texted back: Who is this? I then got a call from that number, and it was Terry. He explained to me that Mom has had it with him and put him on the Greyhound Bus this morning at 11am out of Barstow, CA to come stay with me...and he was enroute, not really sure where he is, but on his way. Mom told him not to call me until he arrived here in Texas, but he texted instead because he felt bad and knew I would need to know. He told me not to call her, I told him he didn't need to worry about that, I was not!!! We talked a little bit as I struggled with anger towards her for trying yet again to control my life, for her not thinking that this might not be good timing for me (how did she know I was even home? 3weeks ago I was out of the country for a week.), let alone try to put the pieces of the story together and come up with a plan. He let me know that Mom expects him to stay here for 3-4 weeks as she needs a break and he did not have a return ticket bought back to CA. I have not heard from him in about 3months or so and he had not returned any of my voicemails, so I asked him what he has been up to. I told him I had heard from Grandma that he was back into drugs again (after having been clean for 2years) and had left home. He said yes, he had slipped and used once a month or two ago, but thats not what he wanted to do with his life. I informed him that I am still working my crazy work schedule with two jobs, so this is not good timing for me; there is no way I can have him here alone at the house for that length of time every day. I told him that I would have to check with some of the men and get input and call him back. He said he was sorry, knew this put me in a hard spot, if he couldn't stay with me and nobody else could have him, he would go to a shelter. My heart broke...I can't imagine such a life like that...but he is evidently used to that because he has done it many times before. I request all my friends to please pray for me and to please keep my brother in your prayers. Jeff will be coming up with a plan as to what we do from here, we have 24hrs. I haven't seen my brother in about 5years...I am looking forward to the time with anticipation and hopeful that I can be of an encouragement and strength to him to want to server our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment