Why does a person become the person he becomes? Why do you grow up to become who you become?
Estimates are that we use 5% of our potential of our entire day. Most people desire to succeed, but what is success? Success is nothing more than a progressive realization of a worthy ideal. Any person working towards a goal is a success...because he knows what he is doing and why. If you don't know what you are working towards, you are unsuccessful. 95% of people are not successful. If everyone is doing it, you probably won't make a mistake by not. Check your references, are the people you following going where you want to go? You are thinking, acting, talking like people around you, and assuming they know where they are going. Even without trying to or actually thinking about it, you are trying to be someone else.
You need a checklist:
1. A Goal - a man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder
2. Attitude - our attitude toward our world toward all the people in it that will determine the worlds attitude and all the peoples attitude towards us. People will react to us according to our attitude.
3. Think - Think deliberately and with a purpose.
4. The Law of Laws (by Emerson, Cause and Effects) - our rewards in life will be in exact proportion to our contribution and service.
5. Truth - if it's not based on truth we are building on sand and you can't stand
6. Research & Development- your future depends on this; something to make you better, love a little more, hate a little less, do a little better job than a year ago...what are you pumping back into yourself and your future?
7. The Strangest Secret - your genetic pool and environment have influence on you, but you become what you think about most of the time. This is why thinking is so vital and a goal is so important. You will become that. You have to establish goals to achieve them.
A man's environment will change as he changes. You must never conform to the big group, be an individual. Be choosey in whose steps you follow. Remember to think...imagination is everything. Put your heart into your work and you will get the supreme joy out of life.
Part 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajIRxdeCRZM only 6:35 minutes long
Part 2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7UjzlSRcU&feature=related only 8:34 minutes long
Part 3 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPdzHd8idk&feature=related only 6:24minutes long