Sunday, March 24, 2013

response to Mindy's texts

I want you to know I do care.  I would love to share about my life and explain things if you want to learn and know.  I have been open about my life...very open and have been condemned, rebuked, isolated, shunned, mocked, etc.  You have made some assumptions that are not correct or true but I can't blame you...you don't know what has happened.  I don't know what you have "heard" as you state so I can't confirm anything.  I don't expect that the 8 years we have been apart will be resolved in one breakfast meeting.  I never thought that.  I simply was grateful to be able to spend time with you because the last thing I knew was you never wanted to hear from me again.  I didn't expect you to talk to me at the memorial.  Didn't think you wanted to spend time with me.  Therefore since I didn't have your address or email or phone number there wasn't a way to contact you.  There wasn't a reason to since I thought you were done with me.   You said if I ever left the group you still didn't want to hear from me.  Maybe you didn't mean that...but I took it literal.  That's my fault and I am sorry.  I didn't continue a relationship with you for several reasons and I hope you will accept my apologies.  If you don't...I understand.  I will respect your wishes and give you space.  I am not trying to invade your life or change you.  I love you.  I care about you.  Even if we do not talk and I don't know what is going on in your life...I still do!!!  I haven't felt you wanted a relationship with me so I let go.  I know that's hard to understand.  I felt it was best.  I don't want to hurt you.  I want you to live the life you want and haven't judged you because you have.  I have given you the space I wanted.  I hope that my letter to you will explain a few things.  If you choose not to read it, I will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment