Friday, April 12, 2013

Matthew West Concert

my first ever Matthew West Concert

I love music!!!  I love to sing.  But if you ask me who sings the song or who wrote it, I am probably not going to know that part.  I am sure it has to do with how I was raised, on top of I don't own a bunch of CD's so I don't know singers.  I have never been to a Matthew West Concert.  For that matter, I have not been to many concerts at all.  Last Year on February 24, 2012, I went to my very first concert, it was a Phil Wickhim concert and I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved the entire evening!  

Tonight, Matthew West opened the concert with one of my very favorite songs, The Motions.  As the evening went on, I knew all but two of the songs he played and it was so fun to sing my heart out!  He shared stories and prayed.  I had tears streaming down my face many times through the evening.  It was an incredibly awesome evening of worship and praise music!!!  As Jennifer said, it was a great followup to our trip last week to Utopia, Texas!


my my nuggets from the evening:

I'm ready. Is that your heart? God is always ready and waiting!

God wants to use every chapter of your story! Even the ones that are painful and hurtful. God can write a better ending!

All of us have family trees with broken branches...stories with dysfunctional roots...each of us have the chance to break the chains. This is NOT your legacy because You are My Child, God said.

The lies in your name tag are not written in permanent marker...they CAN BE ERASED!!!

Debbie, Me & Jennifer 

(sorry it is blurry...I didn't like the other one of me, also my friends spouses were there with us long with the girls)


No comments:

Post a Comment