Monday, February 29, 2016

choose to connect with your friends

If you knew today was the last day you could write and tell me something, what would you say?

We never know how long someone will be a part of our life. We never know when our last opportunity to connect with them will be. When they come to mind, why do we not act on it? What would happen if we did that every time they came to mind, to stop what we were doing and send a text, an email, a Facebook message, make a phone call, send a snail mail note, or schedule a coffee date or time for a meal.

Yet we let life happen and we don't do it. Why?

Sometimes we are too busy. Sometimes we think the person won't receive what we have to say. Sometimes we get so caught up in unimportant things that we don't make it a priority. Sometimes we make excuses. Sometimes we forget that these little things matter.

On Valentines Day, I texted and Facebook messaged as many people as I could in 2 hours a simple message: 
heart emoticon happy Valentine's Day [name of friend] heart emoticon YOU are loved and very special! 

heart emoticon

I loved doing this...because I love my friends! And I wanted them to know it.

I love the peeps who invest in my life. Who pray for me. Who encourage me to be a better person. Who love me for who I am. Who believe in me.

This was the first Valentine's Day I have ever done something like this, but it isn't the only time I make it a priority. I try to text a random person every day a message that says I am thinking about you and I hope you are doing well...or I am sending lots of love and eHugs to you...or I love you.

Even if you don't respond. Even if you ignore my heart. Because it doesn't change my heart, I LOVE YOU! I will always love you.
‪#‎CircleOfFriends‬ ‪#‎ChooseToBeDifferent‬ ‪#‎LiveIntentionally‬ ‪#‎LoveOnPurpose

No comments:

Post a Comment