Friday, February 17, 2017

life lessons from yoga ~ part 1

I love to do Yoga. Regular Yoga, Hot Yoga, Yoga in the Vineyard and I have done Yoga consistently for a few years after dabbling in it with some Groupon purchases for awhile.

One of the things I love about Yoga is the way that it strengthens my Mind Body connection. How it forces me to go internally to receive the message and transform myself. How the words of my instructors shape my day and change my life. How the lessons I learn from my practice can be applied to other aspects of my life.

A few weeks ago, my instructor shared that our mind is always looking for ways to prove we can't do a pose, that we do not have the strength, that our body isn't able, that we aren't good enough, that we will fail. I know this to be true. Not just because she said it or because I learned something from a previous Coach who worded it a bit differently, but from my own life's experiences.

Sometimes when I am doing this workout and the instructor shares something like this, I wanna say, time out! I need to think, journal, pray over that. Or hey, that was powerful, can we talk about that? I have to make a mental note to come back to the thought later so that I can apply it to my life more deeply.

Today, I want to ask you: Whose Voice are you listening to?

The one that says this is hard? I can't do this? I want out? I am weak? I am not good enough? Nobody loves me?

Or will you retrain your mind to embrace the truth? To be open to new possibilities? To test yourself? To strengthen you beyond what you feel you can do?

What would it take for you and I to be open and willing to see something in a new perspective? What would it take for you to receive the events of your life in a new way? What would it take for you to ask yourself empowering questions that will help you reshape things in a new light?

I want to encourage you to be more! To change your focus! To shift your mindset! To be open to something different. Will you join me in doing this in your own life as I do it in mine?
#TheSassyVoice #ADifferentPerspective #BeMore #ThePowerOfChoice #LifeLessons #YouGetWhatYouFocusOn #WhoseVoiceAreYouListeningTo #Yoga #YogaLessons

No comments:

Post a Comment