Thursday, April 20, 2017

I would have lost heart...yet again

I would have lost heart...when I had to fight for 3.5 years with the Honda dealership over prepaid maintenance that I paid for but was charged each and every time I came in (11 times), unless I believed that if I was patient and kept sticking to the documents and asking for resolution, I would win and the situation would get resolved in my favor.

I would have lost heart...when I got bitten by dogs, over a span of 10 years, 3 different times, from my landlord when I was renting, to two guys walking at the track where I work out often, to an event at my employee's house in her backyard; particularly because I was injured each time and incurred medical bills ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars, for something that was not my fault each and every time, unless I remember that not everyone will do unto others what they want done unto them and take care of a moral and financial obligation.

I would have lost heart...when I had hives for nearly 2 Years, unable to figure out what was causing them after multiple tests, products, medications, creams, injections, and every alternative medical treatment under the sun, unless I believed that if continued to keep a food journal, paid attention to my body, was loving and kind to myself during these episodes which they traveled all over my body, that eventually I would learn and uncover the cause.

I would have lost heart...when a client hit me in the head twice for stating a fact about the work I was doing and our contract agreement, unless I believed that God would use this in my life to help me heal by opening up and doing counseling about the years of childhood abuse and this would start the beginning of my transformational journey.

I would have lost heart...when my credit card company posted my $2,000 payment as a $2,000 charge and put a hold on my credit card for 2 weeks while they researched it, unless I believed that if I was patient and asked for leadership to intervene, the issues would get resolved much more quickly.

I would have lost heart in all these things and more...unless....

Unless, I choose to walk in the truth of keeping no record of wrongs.

Unless, I choose to forgive.

Unless, I choose to live out what grace looks like.

Unless, I choose to be relentless in my pursuit of excellence.

Unless, I choose to have the grit and mental discipline to live a life full of love.

Yesssssss...unless I create my own power of choice and free will to be an overcomer and not a victim.

...I would have despaired and lost heart, unless I had not believed! ~ Psalm 27:13 AMP
#TheSassyVoice #DontQuit #KeepTheFaith #GodsPlan #HaveFaith #Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment