Saturday, May 13, 2017

poem ~ friends

I sent you a text
to say I love and miss you,
You don't ever respond 
and I wonder yet again
what I've done to offend you.

It seems to me
Friendship isn't what it used to be,
Where people
took you at your word
and honestly completely understood.

I try so hard
to be your Friend,
But it's almost like
you'ld rather the friendship
would just fully end.

I can't figure it out 
sometimes what it's all about,
The benefits of friendship
when it seems it's not
a round trip event. 

Why does it hurt 
so freaking much
to try and show you care,
When you treat my efforts
like they don't belong in the air?

I wish I understood 
how to be a better friend,
For its my desire
to love beyond
your rejection yet again.

Lord, 
please help me to see,
Those that want to be encouraged 
and return 
a Friendship with me.

Give me wisdom 
to navigate the critics,
Help me to remove 
those fixed on being enemies
and the fake Friends I keep trying to please.

Show me how
to live each day,
Reaching out to my Friends
with even yet more love
because kindness is the key. 

Don't let me stay stuck
in the Friendships that aren't there,
But give me the courage 
to always be ready
for the ones that want to be repaired.

Let me look
deep inside my heart
and build a Friendship 
that's vulnerable and authentic 
and strong as a rock within it.


© Misty W Gilbert
#Poems #AuthorLife #MistyWGilbert #TheSassyVoice #Friendship #CircleOfFriends #BeThePersonThePersonYoureLookingForIsLookingFor

No comments:

Post a Comment