Wednesday, May 3, 2017

poem ~ today

Today, 
I ask you to be bold,
to be present 
in what matters most,
to your heart. 

Today,
I ask you to have courage,
to do what you think you can't 
and press on,
just doing the next best thing.

Today,
I ask you to have patience,
when things aren't going as planned
for in this moment you can choose,
to not let it ruin your outlook. 

Today,
I ask you to have hope,
in the midst of your pain 
and challenges,
to believe that it's all working out for your good.

Today,
I ask you to have peace,
in the negative circumstances 
and in the face of your enemies,
because God is with you.

Today, 
I ask you to love,
all those that have hurt you
and spitefully used you,
forgive them for they know not what they do.

Today,
I ask you to be generous, 
with your time, energy and money
for when you do,
you being life to those around you.



© Misty W Gilbert
#Poems #AuthorLife #MistyWGilbert #TheSassyVoice #Today #BeCouragous #BeGenerous #BeLoving

No comments:

Post a Comment