Friday, May 7, 2010

5 verses for you Terry

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid...for the Lord God goes with you...He will never leave you.  Deuteronomy 31:6


Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.  John 8:32


Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him, for He will abundantly pardon.  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.  Isaiah 55:7&8


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13



I have told Terry several times that he needs to pick 5 verses that will strengthen and encourage him in his battles...verses to help him fight the thoughts that invade and consume his mind...that he might be able to combat the lies and find hope in the truth. He has been studying all aspects of the word, which I have felt has overwhelmed him, so I am now picking 5 verses to give to him tonight when I see him to help him achieve this. I will probably prepare another 5 for my next visit because it was hard to just narrow to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment