Wednesday, June 23, 2010

another update on Terry

I just spoke with Terry.  I asked him what happened and he told me he was in a bad part of town looking for drugs and got beat up.  The hospital has discharged him but at the moment he is waiting for mom to come get him.  He told me she is not cooperating with the hospital because she believes he needs to stay for another day or two, but they medically have cleared him.  She has his car keys and won't release them to him.  He said he wanted to call me and Jeff last night but that mom wouldn't let him and told him it was midnight and that was too late (but mind you she called me at 02:21am my time and left me a voicemail).  I asked him what his plan was and in frustration he said that he doesn't have a plan because he doesn't have a key. I asked him to assume we could get that worked out and then what did he want to do?  He said, "I don't have a plan, Misty".  He said the hospital might drop him off at my parents, but he was sure mom would take him somewhere else and he would just end back up in the hospital. I don't know what he means by that, but neither did I ask for carification.  I asked him if he wanted the street life again, and he said no. I asked him if he wanted to stay with mom and dad, he said no.  I asked him if he wanted to come back to Texas, he said his car wouldn't make it as it was making a sound.  I know his car is old, but I felt this was a lame response as it made it out there just fine.  I told him that I love him very much and that I want to help him however I can. I told him that there are others who really care and are concerned too. 

Please continue to pray so that we may have wisdom to know how to help...when to let go and let him choose his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment