Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 2 in Franklin

Better luck at sleeping in...love hotels with room darkening shades to perfect the sleeping experience!  

Went to the left today for my walk and boy did I get some leg workout!!!  I did a full hour walk and jog over several inclines.  If it would only benefit the rear end would I be happy, instead of only affecting my calves.  Hahahahahahah!  I know I have made great strides at this the past few years, but only by my extreme dedicated effort to my daily walking routine.


Used my $5 voucher from a second day in opting into the "green choice hanger".  Got a 20oz cold bottle of refreshing water and black cherry greek yogurt [not a fan of black cherry flavors, but it was my only option in this style of yogurt].


I participate in a EntreLeadership Facebook Group, along with other attendees that have done the EntreLeadership Master Series.  Leigh [I will leave off her last name for privacy sake] is the EntreLeadership Liaison and posts frequently to the page giving us updates, asking questions, and interacting.  She posted a link last week for an event that was held this last Friday online for an EntreLeadership Reunion of Q&A's for Master Series Alumni only.  I wanted to participate, but was booked all day with clients and since the notice was not far enough in advance for me to block the time and plan, I was only able to "like" the post.  I engage in the forum as often as I can.  Leigh sent me a private message hoping that I would be able to join them.  I responded after arriving in TN, letting her know that I hoped they had another one soon and that it would be in advance enough for me to plan and participate.  I went on to let her know that I was in town and that I was going to be coming over to take the tour of Financial Peace Plaza.  She responded enthusiastically that if I would let her know when I was coming, she would give me a personal tour.  Awwwhhhhh, what a sweetheart!  



me and Leigh 
me standing against the wall where people write their debt free statements, after screaming "I'm Debt Free" live on the Dave Ramsey Show...pretty impressive!

[BTW:  I became debt free, other than my house, July 2009
would love to scream do to this when I am 100% debt free, hopefully in 3.5 more years]

Financial Peace Plaza signage in the lobby
I then had lunch with Heather.  

Heather was one of the Dave Ramsey Team that I met when I attended EntreLeadership Master Series in Cancun Mexico November 2009.  We connected on Facebook and have stayed in touch some, though I have largely gotten to know her personally much more the last year or so.  When I had made plans to come to Franklin, I reached out asking if we could do dinner, she responded that she was pretty booked and might be able to do lunch.  I let her know if she didn't have the time, that I understood, but wanted to see her if possible.  We made plans to meet at Starbucks today and have 45 minutes together (she doesn't get a full hour for lunch).  The time with her was absolutely amazing and another God Moment in my courageous journey.  I will have to share the details in a post all of its own or this one will be a nightmare and you will never finish reading it.  :)  I regret that I did not get a picture of the two of us together to share with you...but hopefully I will have a second chance of that later in my trip.

From there, I decided I needed some more sushi, I didn't get my fix yesterday.  The place I went to was called Basil Asian Bistro and their presentation was amazing!!!

a lobster roll with spicy mayo sauce...and yes, that is a hollowed out lobster tail!
delicious squid salad
just check out the details of the straw wrapper!!!

I spent the afternoon swimming for about 30 minutes and then laying in my favorite spot below listening to the music and chilling out.  I took a notebook with me to work on some thoughts in preparation for my coaching sessions that start tomorrow...and to read more of my book, but I did very little of that.  I felt the need to spend the majority of the time saying:  No, I am not gonna do anything, I am going to just relax...something I really don't know how to do very well, but am desperately trying to learn, so I must practice!  


relaxation at its finest!

The rest of my evening will be spent in prayer, blogging, and being refreshed for my time the next two days with Chris LoCurto.

No comments:

Post a Comment