Tuesday, December 3, 2013

thoughts on fervent prayer [part 3]

So what exactly is prayer?  fervent prayer?

fervent having or showing great warmth or intensity of spirit, feeling, enthusiasm


prayer = a devout petition to God; a spiritual communion with God as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession; a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying


I believe fervent prayer is taking your own emotion, life, and circumstances and sharing that in a direct manner towards God.  Knowing that he is always listening and has his ear "burning for you", tuned in to your wave length, connected to your heart, desiring to hear from you, just as a special friend.


I believe fervent prayer is taking your own emotion, life, and circumstances and sharing that in a direct manner towards God.  Knowing that he is always listening and has his ear "burning for you", tuned in to your wave length, connected to your heart, desiring to hear from you, just as a special friend.

I am grateful I didn't miss this, even if I was 35 before it made a lick of true sense.


As I have reflected on fervent prayer, I can only say that I wish this had been a part of my life much sooner.  I wish that it had been more important to me before.  I wish I had been shown how to pray, to have more faith in prayer, to let prayer be a major part of my life. 

If you want to share with me your thoughts on fervent prayer, I would love to hear from you!


What is fervent prayer to you?  


How do you achieve this?  


How do you petition to God?  


What is communication with God?  


How do you know its fervent?





1 comment:

  1. To me, prayer is an ongoing conversation with God. At times intense, fervent, pleading for help, at other times just acknowledging him throughout my day. I'm learning he cares about the little things, and when I thank him for them, it does something to my perspective.

    ReplyDelete