Wednesday, January 1, 2014

YearInReview for 2013

I did this before and loved it!  Life gets busy sometimes we forget to do the things we love.  

As I reflect on 2013, it was a challenging year on many levels, but at the same time, I am grateful for the growth it produced in me.  Not all of the effort was easy, and in many things, it was harder than I ever dreamed it could have been.  Wow.  Impressive to think and reflect on.  So here my friend, is a list of 2013 highlights:

  • My Dad passed away February 2013
  • I got to see my sister at the Memorial for Dad after 8 years of not having seen her, I am thankful for the fact that she asked to have time together and that all 3 of us siblings were able to have breakfast together.
  • I rear ended someone on my way back from a client and wrecked 2011 Honda Civic one year to the day it was paid off.  The moment was a God Moment when she said to me "you were forgiven before it happened".  Traded it in when they could not resolve all the issues and I was tired of fighting and purchased a 2013 Honda Civic.  Paid off the balance on the car this month.
  • I experienced a client hitting me in the head, which launched me into getting professional counseling, something I had never considered doing and that benefited me tremendously, though it was very painful.
  • This year was part of learning to tell my story.
  • I achieved my goal of booking and taking more vacations than I did in 2012.  I took 4 vacations {some of them only 3 days long}: one to spend time with relatives and friends at Dumont Dunes in Baker, California, one with a girlfriend to Utopia, Texas, one road trip over Memorial Day Weekend with friends to Missouri, and one by myself to Franklin, Tennessee...{this is a huge accomplishment for me!!! and doesn't count going out to California for my Dad's Memorial or to Colorado for a girlfriends wedding}.
  • I got to test drive a Corvette! and get it up to 115mph on the freeway!!!
  • I went to my first Woman of Faith Conference with a girlfriend.
  • I did two days of coaching with Chris LoCurto.
  • I won the 2013 Savvy Chicks Rule award for Medical Account Solutions.
  • I fired my 3rd client since being in business in March 2013.
  • I begin writing my book about my life that I plan to publish.
  • I took an Advanced Accounting Course and passed!
  • My prayer life has increased tremendously.
  • This year I achieved my goal of writing more blog posts than any other year and topping out my previous best year in 2010.
  • I got a new fence installed at the casa after 6 years of living here.
  • I got my ears pierced February 2013 and love wearing my pearl earrings the most!
  • I bought my first pair of pants March 2013...never had owned a pair or wore a pair before this.
  • I wore makeup for the first time when I was working on a video shoot for my business website {this was a requirement for the video and I had never seen myself with makeup}.
  • I got rid of a lot of belongings this year and made over $1K in this mission to condense the extra things that I didn't need or had an excess of.
  • My business made the same amount of money as I did in 2012, even after letting some clients go, on top of giving away over $10K in free services as charity.
  • God's message for me this year to learn was: I Am Enough.  He was purposeful in how he planted that memo, how he created and used things to help me see my fault in this area, and provided a message from Beth Moore with a whole Bible Study on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment