Friday, January 3, 2014

You can't take it with you...



This picture conveys a lot.

You can't take it with you. None of it.  None of that stuff will go in your grave.  It doesn't go with you to heaven either.  It is pointless to accumulate things.  You obviously need some to operate a life, but for the purpose of stuff, it is pointless.

I pray that as I work through 2014, that I continue my focus on what matters and get rid of what doesn't.  Not just the continual evaluate of my belongings, but also friendships that are draining and not uplifting, emails that I subscribe to that I really don't need or provide value, Twitter noise, Facebook followers that don't engage in my life, events that consume precious time that do not feed a healthy me.  

I want to have a simply life that is rewarding and encouraging.

May God help me in this quest to continue to remold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment