I always ask questions. Of my friends, my clients, of my own life.
And I always do this when I am attending a conference. I love to learn. I love to hear what someone else heard or took away as a gold nugget. I might have missed something that was said, an analogy, a principal, a thought. I might not have gotten the message they received. I might not have thought of it from the angle they did. I might not see what they saw. Either way, I find it insightful.
As usual, I would get responses like:
- Wow, its been such a great conference, I am not sure.
- Thats a hard question Misty, you really ask tough ones don't you?
- I don't think I have just one or two nuggets, how could I pick?
- I am on overload, I don't think I will be able to answer that for a few weeks.
- Let me think about it and I will get back to you.
- I don't know, what about you?
I always told each person that I agreed it was a great conference and there was a lot to absorb.
I would always say that I didn't mean to put them on the spot by asking the tough questions, I just think questions help us find answers.
I would always say that if you have more than a few, that's okay, I will take however many there are...and likewise if you only have one, that is great too. Just share whatever comes to mind.
I would say that I can relate to being on overload. It takes time to process the stuff we have going on in our heads, our hearts, and our lives.
I would always say that they could take their time and get back to me. I would love the feedback whenever it happens.
I would always share for me what the nugget was for that day and for the whole conference what I felt my top nugget was. I also might share what I felt I needed to reflect on more or was struggling with.
Some people engage in this...and some don't. The responses I got are typically how it always is. But I don't stop. I want to push you forward.
I want you to grow. I want you to plant a new seed and for it to take root. If you have previously planted, I want you to take the refreshing water you are being fed to help you grow deeper roots. If you are alive and overall healthy, I want you to cut off the dead branch and grow stronger ones. If you are stable and strong, I want to see more fruit. I want to see the strength you give others through your strong branches.
I will continue to ask the tough questions. As one of my clients state, its what I do best.
So...if you have followed my LiveBIG blog posts...
- What to you is the one (or two or three) nuggets or takeaways that you have gleaned from what I have shared?
- What one thing has truly impacted your world?
- What one thing do you want to change?
- What one thing has left you with more questions than answers?
- What is one fear that you are willing to face?
- What is your belief system?
- What are you doing to create and be a positive creator?
I would love to hear from you!
#LiveBIG blogging friends