Friday, July 7, 2017

poem ~ the gut wrenching process

I am sure you feel it
just as I do,
When your heart is breaking
and you haven't a clue.

The pain rips it to pieces
leaving it all black and blue,
Showing you clearly
you've got more work to do.

What would it be like 
to live without such pain,
I continually ask myself
knowing the question is in vain.

I sit here and reflect
on the stirrings in my soul,
Knowing another layer of transformation
is in the process for me to grow.

I look out at the water
that stretches out till it meets the sky,
And with it it takes
all my questions why.

The strength that it gives me
as I sit here and reflect,
Helps me to release
all the things I want to forget.

As the water moves on
rippling along at a clip,
I feel it taking away
that pain buried inside of me.

Maybe its really not
how could I ever know,
But I'm gonna pretend
and make it so.

It could be its really
just soothing my heart,
And giving it love
down deep in the ugly parts.

Today I will love me
and not expect me to be,
Further along in my journey
unraveling the pain inside of me.

© Misty W Gilbert
#Poems #AuthorLife #MistyWGilbert #TheSassyVoice #Reflections #Transformation #TheGutWrenchingProcess #CocoonToButterfly #BeautyFromAshes #CreateTheLifeYouWant

No comments:

Post a Comment