Friday, July 7, 2017

poem ~ the pain

You're doing a work 
down deep in my soul,
Right now it is hurting
beyond my control.

Coaching is awesome 
and can be a bunch of fun, 
And other times it just makes you
feel like the best thing to do is run.

In order to change 
and bring about something new,
I've got to be willing 
to see it from a different view.

I've got to address 
the stuff deep in my heart,
That feels better left in
every bit of the dark.

It's causing me to doubt
the plan you have for me,
When I feel an upheaval
shaking the very root of who I be.

I've been here before
and I'm sure I'll be here again,
But in the meantime my soul 
is bleeding out of control.

What's causing it to hurt
so undoubtedly so,
As I try to figure out 
the path out of this hole.

Why do the answers 
have to be so far away,
When I'm wanting the help
to fix this today.

Give me the strength 
Lord I ask yet again,
Because I don't feel I can do this
with all these thoughts in my head.

How can someone see clearly
the things I want to see,
When I'm desperately trying 
to be the best I can be.

I promise to face
every bit of the pain, 
For healing will come
in the midst of the rain.

Help me to not lose heart
and to give up and quit,
For there is purpose 
absolutely in all of it.

It's refining me through the fire
and purifying me as gold,
And the pressure is intense
as it sets to unfold.

I don't want to be 
partially beautiful in the end,
So I have to stay focused 
on embracing the pain within.

© Misty W Gilbert
#Poems #AuthorLife #MistyWGilbert #TheSassyVoice #Reflections #PainIsAGift #ItHurtsLikeHell #DontQuit #KeepTheVision #StayFocused #CreateTheLifeYouWant

No comments:

Post a Comment