Wednesday, June 21, 2017

poem ~ today

Today
I don't wanna be a grown up
and do what everyone says I must do
to live a life that is successful
and work from 9 to 5 too.

Today
I am openly admitting
I just don't wanna work
I'd rather just write poems
and do Yoga to workout my body's twerks.

Today
I'd like to just sit
and stare at the pool
for the water is calming
when every thing's swirling in my view.

Today 
I embrace this new chapter
even if its just a short phase
and accept sleeping in
when I normally would get out of bed most days.

Today
as I internally wrestle
with these thought in my soul
I can honestly tell you
it's a lot harder then it is cool.

Today 
I again decided
that I don't want to live someone else's dream
even if it has an allure
or an expectation of fulfillment it seems.

Today
it feels really strange for me to just say
that all this feels a bit abnormal
and I hardly know what to do
when I feel this way.

Today
I will listen
to what's going on in my heart
for when you feel a disconnect
this is the place you must start.

Today
I will just acknowledge 
internally how I feel
and let the frustration simmer
so that I don't let my life pass in a glimmer.

Today
I declare
that I want to enjoy the work that I do
and not just because it was something 
that I was trained to do.

Today
I want to do more work
of the things I really want to do
and not just because 
it would be considered grown up like you.


© Misty W Gilbert
#Poems #AuthorLife #MistyWGilbert #TheSassyVoice #Today #LifeIsAGift #CreateTheLifeYouWant #LiveIntentionally #EmbraceTheJourney #WorkThatMatters #YourLifeMatters #WorkWithAPassion

No comments:

Post a Comment