Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Shopping 2010

Believe it or not, I have NEVER done the Black Friday shopping experience.  I love to shop...but I really hate crowds of pushy and crazy people. 


I had spent the day out at Tom & Jo's and stopped by Jeff's to talk on my drive home and Elizabeth and Jean were pouring over the ads to plan their Black Friday shopping spree.  They asked if I was going and I said, no, I think you can get some really great deals without the craziness, but if they saw any pans I did need those.  Well, when I got home at 1am, I decided to check out www.black-friday.net/online for any great deals.  I had learned about the page from a friend on Facebook and I searched the site for the greatest pan Black Friday deals at Kohls, Target, and JCPenny's.  I saw some really great deals in a JCPenny's ad and so I thought I might go out today and check them out, but wasn't sure as I wasn't sure I wanted to experience the Black Friday shopping thing at all.  Well, I woke up at 7.30am and decided to jump in the shower and head straigt to JCPenny's before the day got on.  I found two different sets and compared the prices, pieces and options.  I went with these below by cooks, a 10 pc set classic hard anodized.  I am very happy with them...they were normally $199.99 for $89.88.  I only wish I had a double broiler - though I have never had one I think I would use one.  It actually came with the 13 pc set (the next box size up), but the pans were much bigger and I really didn't need more than the 10 pc set.  I bought the 5 quart covered sauteuse seperately at 50% off, normally $79.99 for $39.99.  I didn't care for the stock pot or the double burner pan, so I opted not to purchase those, which were the only other two pans available seperately.  Anyways, I was very pleased as I used the $100 given to me by my GranmaOmi and $25 gift card from Uncle Shawn & Aunt Connie, so I was out no money!  I will let you know what I think of them after I use them...but was pretty impressed when I washed and dried them up!


2 comments:

  1. glad you enjoyed your first 'black friday' experience. lots a fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, for 30-45minutes and getting something I really needed, it was a blast!!! ...but not sure about the long line thing every year and the crazy mad house of people! LOL!

    ReplyDelete